The Institute of Cardiology is the main Polish clinical center of cardiology and cardiosurgery with the highest reference score and ISO 9001:2000 (Quality Management System) certificate. Being a dynamically developing academic and research center, it plays an important role in postgraduate training and education in cardiology.
During the 35 years of its existence as a research centre, the Institute has contributed to the development of Polish cardiology and cardiosurgery by initiating and propagating numerous new methods of treatment and also by educating and training specialists in cardiology.
Of particular importance is the role played by the Institute as the country pioneer in introducing and propagating new methods of cardiac diagnosis and treatment. All main innovative interventional methods of non-surgical cardiac therapy now used in Poland have been introduced by the Institute of Cardiology specialists. The Institute has a long record of clinical trials conducted by this institution.
The Institute of Cardiology is the dominating cardiology center in the region providing 24 hour/7 days a week readiness to treat emergency patients in the region who need either cardiac or cardio surgical interventions. The yearly activity of the Institute looks as follows:
– over 15900 patients hospitalized,
– over 2100 surgeries,
– over 62300 out-patients,
– over 7200 procedures performed by the hemodynamic lab,
– over 29200 imaging examinations done by the Radiology Department,
– over 2200 procedures performed by the Clinical Electrophysiology Lab.
Diagnostic facilities of the Institute offer a wide spectrum of examinations:
1. Full set of biochemical analysis, also peptide hormones assays. Modern methods of drug serum consternation analysis with chromatography tests HPLC and immunochemical assays EMIT, MEIA, FPIA.
2. Modern devices for medical imaging with 384-multislice CT-scanner, Magnetic Resonance (MRI), Nuclear Medicine Imaging and ultrasound diagnostics devices.
3. All contemporary ECG analysis methods including intracardiac electrophysiological examinations, stress tests or tilt
In the Institute of Cardiology there are two intensive care units fully equipped to perform immediate resuscitation as well as extracorporeal life support. There are also interdisciplinary units like Department of Medical Biology or Department of Cardio-Oncology co-founded with the Institute of Oncology.
Institute of Cardiology is a pioneer institution on the field of Telemedicine, actively using and contributing to further development of the remote patients control in the home conditions.
Knole Park is a 383.4-hectare (947-acre) biological Site of Special Scientific Interest in Sevenoaks in Kent. About 43 acres of the park belongs to the National Trust as does Knole House that sits within it. The remaining parkland is privately owned. It is in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The park has acidic woodland, parkland, woods and ponds. It has the best ancient woodland invertebrates in the county, including the nationally rare beetle Platypus cylindrus and several nationally scarce species, and it also has a rich fungus flora.
The park is open to the public.
Bodiam Castle is a 14th-century moated castle near Robertsbridge in East Sussex, England. It was built in 1385 by Sir Edward Dalyngrigge, a former knight of Edward III, with the permission of Richard II, ostensibly to defend the area against French invasion during the Hundred Years’ War. Of quadrangular plan, Bodiam Castle has no keep, having its various chambers built around the outer defensive walls and inner courts. Its corners and entrance are marked by towers, and topped by crenellations. Its structure, details and situation in an artificial watery landscape indicate that display was an important aspect of the castle’s design as well as defence. It was the home of the Dalyngrigge family and the centre of the manor of Bodiam.
Possession of Bodiam Castle passed through several generations of Dalyngrigges, until their line became extinct, when the castle passed by marriage to the Lewknor family. During the Wars of the Roses, Sir Thomas Lewknor supported the House of Lancaster, and when Richard III of the House of York became king in 1483, a force was despatched to besiege Bodiam Castle. It is unrecorded whether the siege went ahead, but it is thought that Bodiam was surrendered without much resistance. The castle was confiscated, but returned to the Lewknors when Henry VII of the House of Lancaster became king in 1485. Descendants of the Lewknors owned the castle until at least the 16th century.
By the start of the English Civil War in 1641, Bodiam Castle was in the possession of Lord Thanet. He supported the Royalist cause, and sold the castle to help pay fines levied against him by Parliament. The castle was subsequently dismantled, and was left as a picturesque ruin until its purchase by John Fuller in 1829. Under his auspices, the castle was partially restored before being sold to George Cubitt, 1st Baron Ashcombe, and later to Lord Curzon, both of whom undertook further restoration work. The castle is protected as a Grade I listed building and Scheduled Monument. It has been owned by The National Trust since 1925, donated by Lord Curzon on his death, and is open to the public. – after Wikipedia.